Sunnybrook's Bayview Campus
M1 (M-Wing) is the main entrance to the hospital as well as the main parking lot for visitors.
Alternate accessible entrances to Sunnybrook are at A-Wing, D-Wing, H-wing, T-Wing (Odette Cancer Centre) and U-Wing.
An east-west corridor runs the length of the hospital on the ground floor (Level "G") from T-wing to U-wing.
Please Note: This is a very long corridor and there are no seating or resting places along the way.
Patient and Visitor Information Desk
- The patient and visitor information desk is located just inside the M1 entrance.
- Hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on weekends from 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- A second visitor information desk in L-Wing is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Department of Patient Transport at Sunnybrook is responsible for the transportation of patients from one unit to another in a safe, friendly and professional manner. The team of trained and dedicated support staff works in close partnership with the medical professionals to help lift and transport patients.
- Porters are available 24/7.
- You may call for a porter from outside the hospital at 416.480.6100 ext 2293 or by dialling extension 2293 from a house phone within the hospital.
Wheelchair Escort Service (M-wing)
- Volunteers are stationed at the M1 entrance and can provide assistance with patient transportation for outpatients, visitors and inpatients when appropriate.
- Volunteers of M1 wheelchair escort service do not take pre-booked appointments.
- Escorts are provided on a first come first serve basis.
- Volunteers are available Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m
- You may reach the wheelchair escort office by calling extension 2141 from a house phone.
Wheelchair Escort Service (K-wing)
- Volunteers provide wheelchair escort assistance for veteran residents to take them to medical appointments and to recreational programs within the hospital.
- Volunteers may also take visitors to the veteran's wings (K and L).
- Appointments may be pre-booked by calling 416-480-6100 extension 2143 or can be requested as needed.
- Hours of operation are Monday- Friday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The Staxi transport chairs provide temporary transportation to people with reduced mobility and are available near all the major entrances. These coin-operated vehicles can only be used by people who have someone to push them.
- There are two different Staxi chairs in the hospital. The first type requires a $0.25 deposit. The newer models require a $1.00 deposit. All deposits will be reimbursed when the Staxi chairs are returned to their designated areas.
- There are currently 94 Staxis on the campus. They are located in T-Wing, M1 and M-Ground, E-Wing, H-Wing, K-Wing, L-Wing, U-Wing and G-Wing.
Every wing is equipped with elevators, but not all are accessible to those with vision impairment. H-Wing elevators do not have braille.
- Accessible washrooms are located at M-Wing near the entrance to On the Go Bistro as well as within the M-Wing outpatient areas of Ophthalmology, Rheumatology and Dermatology.
- Other locations are: A1, A4, MG, AG, CG, D1, EG, HG, UG, C7,KG, LG, Emergency Department waiting room, T1, TG and TB.
Help us improve accessibility at Sunnybrook by sharing your questions, concerns or comments about the way we are providing care and service in an accessible manner. Feedback will be handled in accordance with our Patient Concerns Policy.
Sunnybrook is committed to providing information in accessible formats upon request. We are also committed to facilitating accessible communication supports. Please contact us for more information.
Bayview Campus: 416-480-4940
Holland Orthopaedic and Arthritic Centre: 416-967-8566
Office of the Patient Experience
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON M4N 3M5