Help us improve accessibility at Sunnybrook by sharing your questions, concerns or comments about the way we are providing care and service in an accessible manner. Feedback will be handled in accordance with our Patient Concerns Policy.
Bayview Campus: 416.480.4940
Holland Orthopaedic and Arthritic Centre: 416.967.8566
Women and Babies Program: 416.967.8554
Office of the Patient Experience
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON M4N 3M5
Disruptions in Service
Sunnybrook will provide our community members with a reasonable amount of notice in the event of a planned service disruption that affects access to our facilities or services (i.e. Elevators, accessible parking spaces, etc.).
In the event of an unexpected disruption of service, Sunnybrook will provide notice as soon as possible. During the disruption, we will make every effort to provide alternative accommodations that take into consideration the needs of the individual.
Notifying the Public of a Service Disruption
We will take the following steps to communicate any disruptions to Sunnybrook's facilities or services.
- Issue is discovered and a work order is placed.
- Tradesperson is dispatched to assess the issue.
- The department manager is notified and an estimate of the time it will take to fix the issue is made.
- Notice of service disruption is posted at the site of the disruption.
- If the disruption is in a critical location (i.e. entrance ways, elevators), the division of Communications & Stakeholder Relations (CSR) is engaged to post information on digital screens throughout the hospital.
- In the case of a disruption that requires people to make alternate arrangements before coming to the hospital (disruption to accessible parking spaces, accessible entrances, elevators, etc.), notice will also be provided on our web site.
- Updates to the notice of disruption will be made as needed and posted accordingly.
- Once the issue is resolved and/or repair completed, the department posting the notice will remove signs and contact CSR to remove notice from digital screens and/or website.
Notice of disruption will include the following information:
- The nature of the disruption in service
- The reason for disruption
- The expected duration of the disruption
- A description of alternatives to service, if available
- A contact number for more information