Flu & Pandemic Planning
Although no one can predict when the next pandemic will arise, experts and organizations around the world are developing plans to reduce the impact of an influenza pandemic.
Working with the Toronto Academic Health Services Network (TAHSN), the TAHSN Pandemic Planning Guidelines have been developed after a year of collaboration among the Toronto Teaching Hospitals. This manual will outline the goals, objectives and action plan of the TAHSN (including Sunnybrook) in response to a pandemic and serve as a resource for healthcare organizations outside of the TAHSN network.
- View the Guidelines (1.7Mb pdf)
For further information:
- Toronto Public Health – Let’s beat the flu
- Ontario Ministry of Health – Pandemic Brochure
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care – Ontario Health Plan for Influenza Pandemic
- Government of Canada – Pandemic Influenza
- Centre for Disease Control - Flu
- World Health Organization – Flu