Health care technology and the health care needs of our community are continuously changing. Ongoing education is essential for healthcare workers. Nurses at Sunnybrook are supported by a dynamic team of knowledgeable and skilled nursing educators and leaders who are committed to your learning and development. The Nursing Education & eLearning Department promotes life-long learning for nurses and developments in patient care.
Nursing skills and knowledge are developed and maintained through the following education initiatives:
- Extensive and customized Nursing Orientation
- eLearning courses and modules available at work and at home
- On-site continuing education
- Opportunities for development in preceptorship, coaching and mentoring
- Interprofessional learning and development
- Professional development workshops
- Tuition, conference and poster presentation support
- Recognition awards for Excellence in Nursing Education
At the Bayview campus, the Francis & Ruth Redelmeier Nursing Education Centre houses a Nursing Computer Resource Lounge (open 24 hours), two Nursing Skills Labs and a Nursing Classroom where university programs are brought on-site to you.
The Department of Professional Nursing offers a wide range of services that focus on education and professional development, clinical support and best practice, and leadership in nursing research.
Come join us, come grow with us…
Invent your future at Sunnybrook.