Welcome to Nursing at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
As an integral partner in the healthcare team, nursing is at the heart of patient care at Sunnybrook.
- Provide compassionate, highly specialized and dedicated quality patient care for the most vulnerable patients and their family members;
- Improve the health of our patients and residents through their leadership, strong evidence-based competencies, clinical practice and leadership in healthcare delivery;
- Teach the theory and practice of nursing to healthcare professionals;
- Contribute to knowledge transfer;
- Set new standards of excellence, develop and implement best practices in the care of patients, support of families, pain management, least restraint use and falls prevention, skin and wound care, critical care monitoring, infection prevention and control, as well as many other areas; and
- Ensure the safety of our patients.
There are over 2,300 nurses at Sunnybrook providing specialized care for patients in their time of greatest need: from premature newborns to trauma and critical care, musculoskeletal, oncology, psychiatry, dementia, cardiac and stroke patients, to the elderly war veteran living at Sunnybrook.