Facial Grading System
Dr. Nedzelski demonstrating the Sunnybrook Facial Grading System. Please note that this video is a videotape transfer. It is a large video file that may take up to 30 seconds to start playing depending on your internet connection speed.
Facial Grading System publications
- Ross BG, Fradet G, Nedzelski JM. Development of a sensitive clinical facial grading system Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1996 Mar:114(3):380-6.
- Neely JG, Cherian NG, Dickerson CB, Nedzelski JM. Sunnybrook facial grading system: reliability and criteria for grading. Laryngoscope. 2010 May;120(5):1038-45.
- Hu WL, Ross B, Nedzelski J. Reliability of the Sunnybrook Facaial Grading System by novice users. J Otolaryngol. 2001 Aug;30(4):208-11.
- Kanerva M, Poussa T, Pitkaranta A. Sunnybrook and House-Brackman Facial Grading Systems: intrater repeatability and interrater agreement. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006 Dec; 135(6): 865-71.
- Coulson SE, Croxson GR, Adams RD, O’Dwyer NJ. Reliability of the “Sydney,” “Sunnybrook,” and “House Brackmann” facial grading systems to assess voluntary movement and synkinesis after facial nerve paralysis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005 Apr; 132(4): 543-9.
Location and contact
Department of Otolaryngology
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Avenue,
M-wing, 1st floor, room M1 102
Toronto, ON M4N 3M5
Monday - Friday,
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.