Your first visit
Checking in for an appointment
- New patients, chemotherapy patients and follow up patients: please check in at T-wing, 1st floor, reception for each visit.
- Patients receiving radiation treatment: please check in at T-wing, ground floor, radiation reception.
We encourage you to bring a family member or someone to help you understand the information you will receive during your visits. Your visits to the centre may last several hours so please plan accordingly. Before leaving the centre, please ask for your next appointment information. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call 416-480-5000 as soon as possible.
For each visit, please bring:
- Ontario Health Card
- Name, address and phone number of your family doctor, next of kin, and emergency contact
- A list of medicines you are currently taking
- For your first visit, bring medical imaging test results that were not done at Sunnybrook (i.e. mammograms, x-rays etc.)
- Equipment you need (i.e. ostomy bags, oxygen tanks etc.)
- Snack/lunch or a drink, or you can buy food at Druxy's, on the ground floor
- Money for parking or anything else you may buy on site, or you can use the bank machine on the ground floor
- Money/credit card or drug insurance information (i.e. Group and policy numbers for private insurance plans, Trillium, Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program etc.)
You are responsible for the cost of drugs prescribed that are not covered by Ontario Health Insurance. If you do not have drug coverage, please contact the Drug Reimbursement Specialist (416-480-4623).
Need a ride?
Volunteer drivers are available through the Canadian Cancer Society. To arrange transport before you come to the Centre please call 416-480-7901, ext. 4, if you are in Toronto. If you are outside of Toronto, please call your Canadian Cancer Society local office at 1-888-939-3333 or visit cancer.ca.
Need a transport chair (staxi)
Staxis are available in the parking lot across from the OCC and the Centre's east entrance for a refundable deposit of $1.00. More Staxis info