The Odette Cancer Centre referral process
All new patients must be referred by physicians only. A completed referral form along with supporting documentation must be faxed to 416-480-6179 before an appointment can be scheduled.
Please note that returning patients that have not been seen within the last 18 months must be re-referred by their physicians.
Download the Main Referral Form
Referral forms must include complete patient demographics. Supporting documentation may include:
- Diagnostic imaging reports
- Pathology reports
- Surgical transcription
- Lab results
- Imaging CD or films
Appointments will be scheduled within 48 hours, providing all relevant information has been received. The new patient referral office or care group coordinator will contact the referring office by telephone with the appointment date and time. Patients do not need to call to confirm appointments.
New patients: Download the New Patient Leaflet here.
Specific rapid diagnostic, and assessment programs (see criteria per site):
- Breast Rapid Diagnostic Unit
- Rapid Results Prostate Biopsy Clinic
- Diagnostic Assessment Program/DAP (at colorectal cancer diagnosis)
- Melanoma Rapid Diagnostic Unit
- Rapid Radiotherapy Response Program (palliative radiotherapy)
Patients without OHIP:
- Referrals will be assessed and approved through the Odette Cancer Centre approval process. If approved an appointment will be assigned.
- Approval for all treatments for Out of Province patients is required before treatment can be provided, as the inter-provincial rates do not cover the costs of drugs or radiation therapy.