About Rapid Radiotherapy Response
Rapid Response Radiotherapy Program at the Odette Cancer Centre began in 1996 to provide timely palliative radiotherapy to relieve symptoms in patients with advanced cancer.
Specialized clinics and programs
- The RRRP clinic runs daily, Monday through Friday.
- Patients are usually seen within a week of referral and often treated on the same day of their consultation.
- This clinic has helped to shorten the waiting time for radiation treatment in patients with a limited life expectancy.
- RRRP has been well received by physicians who refer their patients to this service.
- Other centres in Canada and Australia have followed our model and set up similar clinics.
- Ongoing palliative care is provided by the referring physician during and after radiotherapy.
The program is active in research and teaching. Some of our research projects investigate the methodology of treatment outcome evaluation, and the best use of palliative radiotherapy.