If you or your family member are part of the Family Health Team and are admitted to a hospital, please let us know.
Primary Care Research Unit
The Primary Care Research Unit was established in 1985 and is one of the oldest primary care research units in Canada.
Under the direction of Dr. Mary C. Tierney our mission is to advance the discipline of family medicine through research, provide a supportive environment to promote collaboration across disciplines and nurture growth in research skills.
- Identify pertinent research questions within the themes of the Unit which further the directions of the University of Toronto's department of family and community medicine, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's primary and secondary programs and the College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Conduct ethically, methodologically and fiscally sound research
- Disseminate research findings in an appropriate forum
- Wait times in primary care
- Understanding cognitive functioning of primary care patients
- Intervention evaluation
- Practice of family medicine