Act now, recover faster.
The Pre-Hab Program at St. John's Rehab combines education and exercise to help you prepare for surgery and take control of your future rehabilitation.
For one hour each week for eight weeks, participants work with our rehabilitation experts on a combination of exercises that will help prevent further de-conditioning. Know in advance what to expect following your surgery with a dedicated education session that will guide you through your upcoming rehabilitation process.
Program cost: $100 per session. Each session includes 8 classes. Fees do not include parking.
Who can participate in the Pre-Hab Program?
The program helps people who want to prepare their body and mind for upcoming surgery and post-surgical rehabilitation.
- Prevent physical de-conditioning and/or joint deterioration from prolonged inactivity
- Improve your recovery time
- Learn how to set and achieve your rehabilitation goals
- Become familiar with swelling, wound care and pain management techniques
- Decrease chances of infection and/or future injury
How do I join?
If you would like to join our program, print and complete the form below:
Pre-Hab application form (102 KB PDF)
Your referral form must be signed by your doctor. Completed forms can be faxed to 416-226-3358, mailed or dropped off at the Outpatient Office located on the main floor in the Horsfall Eaton wing, Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.