About your appointment
For each visit to the Odette Cancer Centre, please bring:
- Ontario Health Card
- Name, address and phone number of your family doctor, next of kin, and emergency contact
- A list of medicines you are currently taking For your first visit, bring medical imagingt est results that were not done at Sunnybrook (i.e. mammograms, x-rays etc.)
- Equipment you need (i.e. ostomy bags, oxygen tanks etc.)
- Snack/lunch or a drink, or you can buy food at Druxy's, on the ground floor
- Money for parking or anything else you may buy on site, or you can use the bank machine on the ground floor
- Money/credit card or drug insurance information (i.e. Group and policy numbers for private insurance plans, Trillium, Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program etc.)
You are responsible for the cost of drugs prescribed that are not covered by Ontario Health Insurance. If you do not have drug coverage, please contact the Drug Reimbursement Specialist (416.480.4623).
Your Symptoms Matter: How are you feeling?
After checking in at reception, please take a moment to complete Symptom Screening at one of the kiosks. Our volunteers and staff would be happy to help if you need assistance. You will be asked questions about your symptoms, such as your pain, your appetite and your wellbeing. Your responses will help the healthcare team understand how you are feeling at today's visit and to track changes over time so that your symptoms can be managed appropriately.
Your Voice Matters: We are listening
After you complete the symptom screening questions, you may also be asked to give your feedback in a survey called "Your Voice Matters". This survey asks patients to give feedback about their last appointment at the Odette Cancer Centre. It includes questions about your arrival and reception, your experience with your healthcare team and your overall feeling about your visit. Your responses will help us to understand how we can improve the care that we provide here.
The "Your Voice Matters" survey was designed by Cancer Care Ontario to empower patients to give feedback about their care throughout their cancer journey.