Audiology at Sunnybrook offers clinical placements to:
- Audiology students enrolled in a Canadian university audiology Master's program
- University of Toronto speech pathology students
- Communicative disorders assistant students
Students learn in a state-of-the-art audiology outpatient clinic which services mainly an adult population. The clinic supports a very busy otolaryngology clinic and patients referred by family physicians from the community.
Students have the opportunity to learn about cochlear implants by spending time in the cochlear implant program. There is also an opportunity to learn about audiology and the elderly in our long-term care facility.
Education focuses on:
- Adult audiologic evaluations
- Hearing aid selection and verification
- Auditory evoked potentials
- Aural rehabilitation programs
- Tinnitus counseling
- Cochlear implants