We offer the following training programs
Please also visit:
Laboratory services staffing structure:
- Director of laboratory services
- Laboratory manager
- Senior technologist
- Medical laboratory technologist (MLT)
- Medical laboratory assistant/technician (MLA/T)
- Pathology assistants, quality assurance officers, LIS technologists
- Laboratory medical leadership and staff
- Anatomical pathology/cytology
- Blood and tissue bank
- Clinical pathology (biochemistry/haematology/flow cytometry)
- Laboratory information systems
The Division of Laboratory Services at Sunnybrook provides customer-focused diagnostic services, in partnership with physicians and other health care providers, in our commitment to the highest quality of patient care.
Medical laboratory technologists and advanced registered technologists must be members in good standing at the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario. Medical laboratory technicians are certified by community colleges. Other laboratory staff include consulting physicians, scientific staff, administrative staff and research technologists.
Typically MLTs and MLA/Ts work eight hour shifts and participate on evenings, nights, weekends and on-call rotations in some departments. Frequencies of evening shift, night shifts and on-call rotations are dependent on staffing levels and departmental policies.
The laboratories at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre are exciting places to work because:
- We have the privilege to serve and learn from a diverse patient population including all types of acute and ambulatory patients, long term care patients, burn and trauma patients, pediatrics, newborns and obstetrical patients.
- Employees share in decision making to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of our work.
- Employees are encouraged to pursue continuing education and have many opportunities for professional development in the work place.
- Sunnybrook is a one of Canada’s largest academic health sciences centres. Providing clinical, research and academic services. Laboratory services is involved with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to provide these services.