We currently have a temporary full time (1 year) opportunity available for a Speech Language Pathologist in our D2, General Medicine, unit. The Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) is an important member of the inter-professional team in General Medicine. They will be responsible for providing identification, assessment and management of swallowing and communication disorders, including education and counseling for patients and their caregivers.
As part of an interprofessional team, the SLP will be responsible for providing education to colleagues including nurses and medical staff. They will participate in discipline specific and interprofessional education of health profession students. They will participate in rounds, meetings and quality initiatives and assist with coverage in other areas of general medicine as needed.
- Current CASLPO registration
- 2 years of experience in an acute care environment preferred.
- Experience with dysphagia assessment and management including videofluoroscopic evaluation of swallowing required
- Experience in assessment and management of patients with tracheostomies would be an asset
- Previous clinical teaching experience would be preferable
- Excellent communication and time-management skills and ability to work as part of an interprofessional team
- Demonstrated commitment to maintain and upgrade skills and knowledge through continuing education
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, quoting file RC2538sb to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" near the top right corner of this page.
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.