We currently have a regular part time opportunity for a Respiratory Therapist in our Neonatal ICU. Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) works at all times within an interprofessional model of care. S/he is responsible (within a family-centred and interprofessional model) for determining the best mode of oxygenation/ventilation delivery with respect to individual patient needs. S/he is responsible for monitoring and the assessment of ventilation in the neonatal population including, but not limited to, transcutaneous and saturation monitoring, capillary and arterial blood sampling.
The RRT will also be responsible for assessment, initiation and maintenance of airway including intubation. As an integral part of the team, the RRT attends all neonatal resuscitations and high risk deliveries as requested. The RRT is also fully involved with education and supervision of students (both respiratory therapy students and students of the interprofessional team).
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist certified by the College of Respiratory Therapy of Ontario (or graduate license)
- Graduate from an accredited institute of Respiratory Therapy
- Previous experience caring for Neonatal patients preferred
- Thoroughly familiar with and competent in all aspects of Respiratory Therapy
- Demonstrated clinical and technical ability
- Mature, independent and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful environment
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Current NRP and BCLS required
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, in one document, quoting file RP0642sb, to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" near the top right corner of this page.
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.