We have a one year remporary full-time position available for a Project Management Office Manager.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Strategy and Information Management, the Project Management Office (PMO) Manager is responsible for the overall Project Management function, providing leadership, development, coordination and management of the PMO processes and functions. The PMO Manager is responsible for developing and providing oversight to Sunnybrook's project management office, ensuring adherence to standard methodologies and approaches. The PMO Manager will utilize their knowledge, skills and experience in the areas of industry standards in project management to develop and implement methodologies that best align with the PMO vision and portfolio of projects. The PMO Manager will be a champion and promoter of PMO services, processes and tools and will be responsible for internal resource assignment to projects.
The Manager will provide leadership to project managers and project teams in the execution of a portfolio of projects of moderate to high complexity spanning the corporation simultaneously. The PMO Manager will be responsible for oversight of all aspects of the development and implementation of PMO projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. The PMO Manager will utilize their project management experience in workflow assessments, healthcare processes and management systems to implement solutions for client areas.
The Manager will have experience in complex hospital information systems environments to ensure that appropriate processes are implemented to ensure project and service delivery objectives. They will be responsible for leveraging existing investments as well as help in the implementation of new initiatives and operational models that contribute to exemplary service levels within the PMO and to our organizational clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or Health Sciences
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Management Consultant (CMC), MBA or MHA preferred
- 5-7 years of recent related career experience in a large, complex organization. Advanced project management skills required
- Previous management experience considered an asset.
- Knowledge of health care IT required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, quoting file RC 2105sb to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.