We have a part time opportunity for a Technical Support Specialist to work in Information and Telecommunication Services at St. John's Rehab. Working within the IT team, the focus of this role is to provide support for and maintenance of end-user technologies.
This role will provide first-level technical support for Incidents (ITIL defined) which impact the end-user community. Its objective is to register and classify received Incidents and undertakes an immediate effort to restore the failed service or escalate to second-level support as necessary.
The Technical Support Specialist will also administer and perform authorized maintenance processes and Changes (ITIL) to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA) or business requirements.
Summary of Duties:
- Maintain a professional, customer service focus while interacting with business stakeholders
- Perform regular maintenance, system administration and technical support for all standard end-user technologies (i.e. hardware, software, O/S)
- Engage second-level support as required and ensure all 3rd party entities follow SJRH policies and procedures
- Provide technical expertise for project support and Evergreen processes as required for end-user technologies
- Ensure all first-level Incidents or Changes are handled in accordance with SLAs, MOUs, Policies, Guidelines, Processes and Standards
- Document all workload tasks (maintenance, support, project, etc...) for tracking and trending via dockets or accepted issue tracking system.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and annual testing of comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Review and recommend industry standard and best practices which align with operational/strategic initiatives
- Represent SJRH IM/IT at task force or service level meetings
- Maintain relevant documentation for support procedures/processes, inventory (CMDB), guidelines, standards, dockets (including HD tickets)
- Ensure individual Service Level targets are met
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Liaise with technology consultant and vendors to ensure service or product delivery is in accordance with operational or project requirements
- Responsible for the security of IT assets (use, storage, transport) while in their custody
- Follow the accepted IT Service Management approach for Service Delivery
- Be available to perform on-call duties as required and authorized by the IT Supervisor or Site Manager
- Conducts necessary maintenance to ensure the availability and scalability of end-user technologies (hardware and O/S) including performance tuning,baselining, patching and free of any known security vulnerabilities.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of employees, patients, Sisters, students, volunteers, physicians and visitors including but not limited to:compliance with the safety standards of the Hospital and applicable legislation.
- Conduct their work in a safe manner; prevention, identification and reporting of safety issues and problems; taking corrective action, where possible; attendance at safety meetings / training / updates in accordance with the Hospital's standards.
Skills and Qualifications:
- OSSD or equivalent, degree/diploma in computer science or related field preferred.
- One to three years practical experience supporting end-user WINTEL technologies (hardware & software), preferably in a healthcare setting.
- CompTIA A+ certification, working towards or equivalent experience for troubleshooting end-user incidents.
- MTA/MCDST certification, working towards or equivalent experience for supporting MS based products and services.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical concepts clearly with non-technical as well as technical personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Evidence of good attendance, a satisfactory performance history and a discipline-free record required.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks with minimal direction.
- Strong interpersonal & communication abilities (both written and verbal).
- Evidence of good attendance, a satisfactory performance history and a discipline-free record required
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume quoting file # 13-SCP-004 to:
St. John's Rehab