We currently have a regular full time opportunity for a Network Support Analyst in our Client Services department. This position requires shift work with carrying a pager and some weekend & after-hours work as required. The Network Support Analyst will:
- Monitor and manage z/OS system, subsystems, started tasks and other software products
- Manage and respond to system messages via operator MVS and JES2 commands
- Submit and monitor a Production Batch job schedule / checking condition codes and abends
- Handle special requests (batch jobs or procedures) from Application and System programmers
- Manage a tape library (mount tapes on drives, file tapes into library, pull scratch tapes)
- Print and distribute reports
- Monitor and restart mainframe printers managed with LRS/VPS software via a TCP/IP web interface
- Manage mainframe TN3270 emulated terminals via VTAM and TCP/IP
- Resolve minor problems or escalate to 2nd level support or contact IBM if hardware problems
- Manage online CICS/IMS application region, create COCS application user accounts
- Perform bi-weekly system shutdown and IPL (night shift)
- Provide 1st level Help Desk support and log all Help Desk calls
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone, electronically, remote session and/or in person
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Software and hardware installations/repairs
- Research questions using available information resources
- Escalate problems to appropriate tiers
- Maintain Physical Security of Production Data Center
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare activity reports
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Cabling/connectivity and LAN support
- Paging/Cell Phones Telecom support
- NOC monitoring; requires immediate action as per corporate policy
- Wireless support (connectivity, set up, troubleshooting)
- Performs unscheduled production system tasks and manages offsite backup rotation Inventory.
- Significant recent, related years customer support experience in a healthcare, teleconferencing or video-conferencing environment requried;
- Mainframe skills: MVS, JES2 ,JCL, VTAM, TSO/ISPF, CICS, IMS, LRS/VPS, CA/TMS and system IPL;
- College diploma or industry professional designation in a related technical field;
- Demonstrated mastery of the technologies behind PCs, IP networking, videoconferencing;
- VTAM Telecommunications in an operations environment.
- Demonstrated good understanding/working knowledge of practices, principles and other IT areas;
- Demonstrated effective communication & problem solving skills with a strong customer focus at all times but especially in tense situations with demanding customers
- Comfortable in a patient care settings and understands the necessity of patient confidentiality.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, in one document, quoting file DC1573sb, to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" near the top right corner of this page.
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.