We currently have a temporary part time opportunity for a Transition Care Clinic Nurse Practitioner to work in the Odette Cancer Centre with patients who have colorectal cancer and lymphoma and are transitioning from acute care back to their primary care provider (PCP). This NP role provides comprehensive survivorship care, reviews medical treatment summaries with patients, informs patients on their plan of care post-treatment, and prepares patients to be transitioned. This program will likely expand to include patients with other types of cancers in the future.
- Improving the clinical outcomes of patients through practice, program planning and delivery, consultation, research, education, efficient resource utilization and effective leadership.
- Performing patient assessments and management of new symptoms, ordering outside laboratory tests, prescribing medications and providing instructions on when to seek urgent care; formulating comprehensive, evidence-based plans of care including health education, symptom management strategies including medication prescriptions, chemotherapy prescriptions, palliative care, referrals to relevant specialists,
- Acting as an expert resource to assist in the transfer of knowledge and skills related to cancer care, and participates in/leads related research activities.
- Participateing in ongoing program planning and evaluation of clinical outcomes.
The successful candidate will have:
- Current College of Nurses of Ontario Certificate of Competence;
- Master's degree with College of Nurses of Ontario RN(EC) Certification, Adult or Primary Health Care;
- Certification in Oncology Nursing required, either through ONS or CNO;
- Five years acute care nursing experience;
- Demonstrated clinical expertise and experience in oncology;
- Current BCLS;
- Previous experience working as a Nurse Practitioner or in an advanced practice role an asset;
- Advanced clinical judgment and the ability to manage a population of patients with cancer;
- Program planning and evaluation skills;
- Demonstrated research or evaluation skills;
- Demonstrated professional leadership and ability to be innovative and creative;
- Highly organized with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, quoting file CR 1854sb to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre