Temporary Full-time position- 1 year
The purpose of the Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) is to improve the clinical outcomes for a selected patient population through advanced practice nursing, program planning and delivery, consultation, research, education, efficient resource utilization and effective leadership.
The focus of this advanced practice role will be breast reconstructive surgery, with a subspecialty focus on breast cancer. The goal of the practice is to develop, monitor, and evaluate a program that supports patient education, clinical decision making, and clinical needs within the realm of breast reconstructive surgery. The program will be based on patient-identified clinical and educational needs in order to help navigate, educate and support patients with clinical decision making prior to their surgery and throughout ongoing follow-up after their surgery. The APN will engage in clinical procedures, telephone support, patient teaching and counseling of patients who may be candidates for prophylactic, immediate, or delayed surgical breast reconstruction.
Reporting to the Head, Oncology Nursing and Supportive Care, this role will work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team consisting of breast plastic surgeons, breast medical site lead, APNs, nursing staff and other health care professionals including OTs and PTs in the coordination and delivery of patient-centered care.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/education:
- Current Ontario College of Nurses Certificate of competence
- Current BCLS certificate
- Master's degree in Nursing or an Undergraduate degree in Nursing with a Master's degree in a health-related discipline
- Oncology Nursing experience preferred
- Demonstrated teaching and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage change
- Canadian Nurses Association certification as Certified Oncology Nurse CON(c) or Oncology Nursing Society (OCN) certification considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent organization and time management skills required
- Excellent decision-making, problem recognition and solving skills required
- Program planning and evaluation methodology skills an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes quoting file # CR 2024sb to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Email to: email@example.com :