We have a full time opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner in our Neonatal ICU. The Nurse Practitioner:
- Promotes wellness and health promotion in order to provide exemplary quality care through the application of advanced clinical and theoretical knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates sound clinical reasoning and current evidence in decision making, planning and implementing care.
- Coordinates with nurses to stimulate interest and provide innovative learning opportunities to integrate research findings, theory, and technique for advanced patient care.
- Collaborates with Clinical Educator, Patient Care Manager, and staff, prepares and guides nurses in the teaching-learning process in order to advance nursing strategic goals and Corporate objectives.
- Contributes to the performance review process and participates in the hiring of administrators, nursing staff and other health care professionals.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to administration in decision-making, strategic planning and problem-solving processes
- RN(EC) licence from College of Nurses of Ontario, NP-Neonatal or Paediatric designation required
- Significant recent related Neonatal ICU nursing experience required.
- Master's degree in Nursing and Nurse Practitioner Diploma required
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge from the profession of nursing, medicine and healthcare management.
- Demonstrated experience through roles of advanced practitioner, educator, researcher and administration/leadership
- Experience precepting undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate nursing students, as well as clinical fellows in their clinical experience, and evaluating their performance.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, quoting file DC2224sb to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" near the top right corner of this page.
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.