We have two full time opportunities for a Registered Nurse First Assistant to work in Perioperative Services. The Registered Nurse First Assistant will be required to work at the Bayview campus as well as the Holland Centre campus located in downtown Toronto.
The Registered Nurse First Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- The RNFA functions collaboratively and cooperatively with the surgeon and other members of the multi-disciplinary team throughout the perioperative process to maximize surgical efficiencies
- Assists anaesthesia team in Block area and Operating Room
- Assists surgical team intraoperatively to provide optimum patient outcomes
- The core competencies of this position are expert clinical and evidence based practice, advanced education, experience teaching and research skills. Applies nursing theoretical knowledge and process to the RNFA role including assessment, nursing diagnosis identification, patient outcome identification, care planning, implementation, and evaluation
- On-Call responsibilities as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of Recognized RNFA Program
- Minimum 5 years experience in O.R.
- 2 years orthopaedic O.R. experience preferred.
- BCLS/ACLS mandatory
- Effective communication and conflict resolution courses
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume quoting file # LS 2584sb to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre