We have a full time opportunity for a Registered Nurse to work in the Cath Lab. The Registered Nurse will:
- Perform Patient Assessment, sets up and assists with Diagnostic and Interventional procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab including but not limited to Vascular and Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty, Stenting, IVUS, and Rotablation, Implantation of Pacemakers and Internal Cardiac Defibrillators, and Electrophysiology Studies and Ablations
- Scrub, circulate, hemodynamic monitoring of patients, use of Power Injector procedures in the Cath Lab.
- Prep and recovery of patients in B3
- Requires regular wearing of lead aprons during shifts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Current Certification with the Ontario College of Nurses
- BCLS and ACLS required
- Coronary Care 4 or Critical Care Certificate or equivalent experience required
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and stressful environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume quoting file # HA 2064sb to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre