We currently have several regular full time opportunies for a Registered Practical Nurse in our General Internal Medicine unit. The RPN is responsible for providing patient centred care in the acute care setting of General Internal Medicine on D2, D4 and C4 within the RPN scope of practice, and in keeping with Sunnybrook’s mission, vision, values and professional nursing standards.
In this role the RPN works collaboratively with the interprofessional team to meet the comprehensive needs of patients and their families. Responsibilities include but are not limited to care processes which include identifying the needs of patients and families, completing assessments, planning and continuously reassessing care, implementing evidence based interventions, and evaluating patient outcomes and the patient experience. Candidates must demonstrate commitment to quality improvement, ongoing professional development and reflective practice.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario with no restrictions to practice as a Registered Practical Nurse required
- Current Heart and Stroke Foundation CPR Course Diploma or equivalent required
- RPN diploma or completion of continuing education to meet entry to practice competences from an accredited education program
- One year of current acute care nursing experience required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high turnover environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Evidence of ongoing commitment to professional practice and support of a quality practice setting environment
- Demonstrated ability to practice effectively in a collaborative interprofessional team
- Demonstrated critical-thinking, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to function autonomously and to adapt to readily to changing situations
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to safe, high quality, ethical care
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, quoting file RC2267sb to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.