We have a temporary full-time position (approximately twelve months) for a Registered Nurse in our Women & Babies Program, High Risk Obstetrics. The hours of work include rotating days/nights and weekends.
Summary of Duties:
- Responsible for the care of women and their families experiencing a high-risk pregnancy;
- Required to cross-train in selected skills in order to be able to provide aspects of care in the Birthing Unit and Combined Care as needed;
- Required to care for women undergoing pregnancy termination and to provide peri-natal bereavement care;
- Functions of the RN include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, education, patient advocacy and discharge planning;
- Supports the philosophy of Family-Centred Maternity Care and the Mission & Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre;
- Provides care in the context of the interprofessional team and strives to give excellent care throughout the woman's hospital experience;
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team in those activities which facilitate the operation of the unit and in providing excellent patient/family-centred health care.
- Registration with the CNO required;
- Recent related experience in High Risk OBS antenatal nursing required;
- Recent related experience with Perinatal bereavement strongly preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential with evidence of strong customer service skills strongly preferred;
- Certification in Fetal Health Surveillance preferred (applicants will be required to successfully complete this course within the probation period as a condition of employment);
- Breastfeeding skills course certificate preferred (applicants will be required to successfully complete this course as a condition of employment);
- Must have CPR and NRP certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, quoting file DC14-0108, to:
Human Resources, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.