We currently have two Casual opportunities for Housekeepers in our Environmental Services department at our St. John's Rehab campus. The Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring that the building is cleaned and maintained as scheduled. This is accomplished by performing cleaning of the building and performing maintenance duties such as cleaning, floor refinishing, stocking supplies as required in washrooms.
The Housekeeper will:
- Perform housekeeping of hospital building
- Respond to all emergency situations as needed
- Maintain the entrances and exits during inclement weather (snow shoveling, salting, etc.)
- Perform floor maintenance procedures
- Perform minor preventative maintenance procedures on the floor machines
- Documentation of all work required on daily basis
- Provide support to the Environmental Services & Operations team.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of employees, patients, Sisters, students, volunteers, physicians and visitors including but not limited to: compliance with the safety standards of the Hospital and applicable legislation.
- Conduct their work in a safe manner; prevention, identification and reporting of safety issues and problems; taking corrective action, where possible; attendance at safety meetings / training / updates in accordance with the Hospital’s standards.
- Proficient written and verbal English language skills, usually seen at the completion of elementary school or equivalent
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred, ideally in a hospital setting.
- Ability to organize, plan and schedule work to minimize disruption to hospital functions and departments
- Ability to work in an expeditious, safe and structured manner
- Must be able to meet the physical demand of the job (e.g. heavy physical lifting, frequent prolonged standing, walking, pushing, pulling, moving of supplies, considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, work at heights and on ladders, etc)
- Must be able to work evening shifts as it is expected every three weeks (project work)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, quoting file number SJ0185sb to:
Sunnybrook Heatlh Sciences Centre, St. John's Rehab
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.