We currently have one regular part time Physiotherapy Assistant position available in our Odette Centre. The Physiotherapy Assistant participates with the Physiotherapist in planning and delivering care for assigned patients and performs appropriate therapeutic activities as directed by the Physiotherapist. Participates in treatment planning in collaboration with the Physiotherapist to provide a safe, secure environment for patients. Maintains workload measurement data and documentation in appropriate timeframe, according to the standards of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. May be involved with the education of Physiotherapy Assistant students as appropriate.
- OTA /PTA diploma or certificate from a recognized OTA/PTA program
- Previous acute patient care required
- Ability to work effectively and therapeutically in an inpatient, acute setting
- Ability to function in an interdisciplinary setting
- Previous oncology experience would be an asset
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of equipment and hygiene principles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, in one document, quoting file MS0648sb, to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" near the top right corner of this page.
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.