Donate to Cancer Care
Invest in the Odette Cancer Centre
Every day the waiting rooms and corridors of Sunnybrook's Odette Cancer Centre spill over with patients, their families, doctors and researchers. There simply isn't enough room to accommodate all of our patients and the vital care they rely on: the surgeries and drug treatments, the patient and family support, the groundbreaking clinical trials. We need to treat our patients and everyone on our waiting lists faster and better. To do so, we need more space to conduct our life-saving work.
People with breast cancer are referred to Sunnybrook from across the province because we are their best hope for recovery.
Our new $27 million breast cancer centre facility will include:
- Space to accommodate the most modern equipment and treat even more patients
- Important clinical trials of promising new therapies
- Leading research that will improve cancer treatment in coming decades
Learn more about our new breast cancer centre.
Treating even more patients and providing them with added privacy to make chemotherapy treatment as comfortable as possible, we will expand the Odette Cancer Centre's chemotherapy unit.
Our new $12 million in renovated and expanded chemotherapy suites will include:
- Leading drug therapy studies
- Significant improvement in the speed and ease with which we deliver drug treatments to our patients
- Expansion of our pharmacy, better serving specific needs of patients with cancer and those with complex combinations of medications
How can you help?
Learn more about this area of need
Tammy Zaccolo, patient
After over a year of doctors' appointments, Tammy was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease. She underwent seven rounds of chemotherapy and a month of radiation. Nine years later, she remains cancer-free.
"Cancer does not discriminate. It attacks people of all ages, races and ethnicities. I know that Sunnybrook's Odette Cancer Centre saved my life. Even though my treatments are over, I continue to visit Sunnybrook every few months for tests and checkups. Each time I'm there, my emotions and nervousness resurface and when my test results come back clean, I'm reminded of how lucky I really am," says Tammy.