The transgenic facility (TF) at Sunnybrook Research Institute (SRI) provides the technical expertise, equipment and pathogen-free animal quarters necessary for the production of transgenic mice on a fee-for-service basis.
We offer the following services to the SRI community as well as investigators from external institutions:
- Rederivation from live mice or frozen embryos
- Diploid or tetraploid aggregation to generate transgenic mice
- Cryopreservation of embryos
- Recovery of mouse lines from cryopreserved embryos
- Pronuclear injection
- Other mouse manipulations including surgical procedures and the administration of drugs and other treatment