Health Data Resources
1. Once I obtain ethics approval for my research study, how can I obtain the paper charts or access the electronic personal records?
*Updated November 2012
For more information on access to paper or electronic personal records, please refer to health data resources on the Sunnybrook Intranet (Employee Resources > Policies and Procedures > Administration > Health Data Resources)
- Personal Health Information (Paper Chart) for Research; or
- Electronic Personal Records for Research.
2. Is there a cost associated with chart retrieval and refilling for research?
If the research has a Sunnybrook principal investigator, there is no fee for chart retrieval or refilling regardless of whether the chart is on-site or off-site.
3. What is the cost of photocopying?
Photocopies require the completion of the "Photocopies Request for Research" form available upon request from health data resources. The fee for photocopying personal health information is $0.50 per page.