The Sunnybrook Research Prize
Recognizing Excellence in Undergraduate Research
The Sunnybrook Research Prize competition is open to undergraduates in the physical sciences and engineering disciplines who are in their third or fourth year of study at a Canadian university and have an interest in biomedical research.
Ten finalists will be chosen based on a written application to present their results. Applications will be ranked by a scientific review committee based on the demonstrated potential for excellence in research. Travel support will be provided for the finalists.
Read about this year's finalists and find out who took home the coveted prize: Sunnybrook Research Institute presents biomedical engineering student with prestigious prize. You can also check out the SRI magazine for a feature story on the inaugural Sunnybrook Prize.
- Should be in third or fourth year of study at a Canadian university by Fall 2015
- Completed a research project with a focus on biomedical research in physical sciences and engineering
- A cover letter
- Original academic transcripts
- A curriculum vitae
- Two letters of reference
- A two-page abstract that describes the rationale, methods, results and conclusions from a research project carried out by the candidate.
- Margin of 2 cm (3/4 inches thick)
- 12-point font, black ink
- Six lines per inch
- No condensed type or spacing
- Print must be of letter quality and easy to read
- Diagrams and images will be counted within the two-page limit.