The Sunnybrook Research Prize
Recognizing Excellence in Undergraduate Research
The Sunnybrook Research Prize competition is open to undergraduates in the physical sciences and engineering disciplines who are in their third or fourth year of study at a Canadian university and have an interest in biomedical research.
Ten finalists will be chosen based on a written application to present their results. Applications will be ranked by a scientific review committee based on the demonstrated potential for excellence in research. Travel support will be provided for the finalists.
Read about this year's finalists and find out who took home the coveted prize: Sunnybrook Research Institute presents biomedical engineering student with prestigious prize. You can also check out the SRI magazine for a feature story on the inaugural Sunnybrook Prize.
- Should be in third or fourth year of study at a Canadian university by Fall 2016
- Completed a research project with a focus on biomedical research in physical sciences and engineering
- A cover letter
- Original academic transcripts must be mailed to the address below by the University
- A curriculum vitae
- Two letters of reference. Each letter must be emailed to the address below by the referees
- A two-page abstract that describes the rationale, methods, results and conclusions from a research project carried out by the candidate.
- 2 cm page margin
- 12-point font, black ink
- Print must be of letter quality and easy to read
- Diagrams, images and tables will be counted within the two-page limit
- References will not be counted in the two-page limit
Submission deadline: Friday, November 25, 2016.
Send your application via email to:
Marcelline Ramcharan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Sunnybrook Research Prize 2017
For more information, please contact:
Sunnybrook Research Institute
2075 Bayview Ave, Room S665
Toronto, ON M4N 3M5