Scientist profiles A-F
Sunnybrook Research Institute
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave., Room F3 01
Administrative Assistant: Andrew McClure
- BA, 1978, Swarthmore College, U.S.
- MDCM, 1982, McGill University, Canada
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Affiliate scientist, Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Brain Sciences Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Physician, department of psychiatry, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Professor, department of psychiatry, University of Toronto
- Service provision
Dr. Cohen’s research is focused on the provision of care to individuals with dementia and their caregivers. This includes the exchange of personal health information between professionals and agencies, continuity and integration of care, relationship of health professionals to seniors' community groups and agencies, effects of caregiving on the health of caregivers, and methods to support those with dementia and their caregivers.
- Bravo G, Wildeman S, Dubois MF, Kim SYH, Cohen C, Graham J, Painter K. Substitute consent practices in the face of uncertainty: a survey of Canadian researchers in aging. Int Psychogeriatr. 2013 Nov;25(11):1821–30.
- Pimlott N, Persaud M, Drummond N, Cohen C, Silvius J, Seigel K, Hollingworth G, Dalziel WB. Family physicians and dementia in Canada: Part 1. Clinical practice guidelines: awareness, attitudes and opinions. Can Fam Physician. 2009 May;55(5):506–7.e1–5.
- Shulman KI, Cohen CA, Kirsh FC, Hull I. Assessment of testamentary capacity and vulnerability to undue influence. Am J Psychiatry. 2007 May; 164(5):722–7.
- Tracy CS, Drummond N, Ferris LE, Globerman J, Hébert PC, Pringle DM, Cohen CA. To tell or not to tell? Professional and lay perspectives on the disclosure of personal health information in community-based dementia care. Can J Aging. 2004;23(3):203–15.
- Cohen CA, Colantonio A, Vernich L. Positive aspects of caregiving: rounding out the caregiver experience. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2002 Feb; 17(2):184–8.