Scientist profiles A-F
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave., Room F3 01
Administrative Assistant: Thuvaa Varatharajan
- BA, 1978, Swarthmore College, U.S.
- MDCM, 1982, McGill University, Canada
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Affiliate scientist, Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Hurvitz Brain Sciences Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Physician, department of psychiatry, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Professor, department of psychiatry, University of Toronto
- Service provision
- Assessment of decision-making capacity
Dr. Cohen’s research is focused on the provision of care to individuals with dementia and their caregivers. This includes continuity, transitions and integration of care, assessment of decision-making capacity, assessment and mitigation of risk, and interventions to support those with dementia and their caregivers.
- Garcia LJ, McCleary, L, Emerson V, Leopoldoff H, Dalziel W, Drmmond N, Cohen C, Koehn S, Silvius J. The pathway to diagnosis of dementia for francophones living in a minority situation. Gerontologist. 2014 Dec 19;54(6):964–75.
- Hum S, Cohen C, Persaud M, Lee J, Drummond N, Dalziel W, Pimlott N. Role expectations in dementia care among family physicians and specialists. Can Geriatr J. 2014 Sep;17(3):95–102.
- Bravo G, Wildeman S, Dubois MF, Kim SYH, Cohen C, Graham J, Painter K. Substitute consent practices in the face of uncertainty: a survey of Canadian researchers in aging. Int Psychogeriatr. 2013 Nov;25(11):1821–30.
- McCleary L, Persaud M, Hum S, Pimlott NJG, Cohen CA, Koehn S, Leung KK, Dalziel WB, Kozak J, Emerson VF, Silvius JL, Garcia L, Drummond N. Pathways to dementia diagnosis among South Asian Canadians. Dementia (London). 2012 Nov;12(6):769–89.
- Shulman KI, Cohen CA, Kirsh FC, Hull I. Assessment of testamentary capacity and vulnerability to undue influence. Am J Psychiatry. 2007 May; 164(5):722–7.