|Scientist profiles A-F|
Sunnybrook Research Institute
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave., Room F3 07
Administrative Assistant: Andrew McClure
- BA, 1978, Swarthmore College, U.S.
- MDCM, 1982, McGill University, Canada
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Affiliate scientist, evaluative clinical sciences - Brain Sciences Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Physician, psychiatry, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Professor, department of psychiatry, University of Toronto
- Service provision
Dr. Cohen’s research is focused on the provision of care to individuals with dementia and to their caregivers. This has included the exchange of personal health information between professionals and agencies, the continuity and integration of care, the relationship of health professionals to seniors' community groups and agencies, the effects of caregiving on the health of caregivers and methods to support those with dementia and their caregivers.
- Cohen, C.A., Colantonio, A., Vernich, L. (February 2002). Positive Aspects of Caregiving: Rounding Out the Caregiver Experience. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 17(2):184-188. (Principal author).
- Cohen, C.A., Pushkar Gold, D., Shulman, K., Tracey, J., McDonald, G., Wargon, M. (1993): Factors determining the decision to institutionalize dementing individuals: A prospective study. The Gerontologist;33(6):714-720. (Principal author)
- Cohen, C.A., (2000). Caregivers for People with Dementia: What is the Family Physicians Role? Canadian Family Physician 46: 376-380. (Principal author).
- Tracy, C.S., Drummond, N., Ferris, L.E., Globerman, J., Hébert, P. C., Pringle, D. M., Cohen, C.A. (2004). To tell or not to tell? Professional and lay perspectives on the disclosure of personal health information in community-based dementia care. Canadian Journal on Aging (in press). (Collaborator).
- Shulman KI, Cohen CA, Kirsh FC, Hull I (May 2007): The assessment of testamentary capacity and vulnerability to undue influence. American Journal of Psychiatry; 164(5):722-729. (Co-principal author.)