Scientist profiles G-L
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Kidney Care Centre at the CNIB Centre
1929 Bayview Ave., third floor
Toronto, ON M4G 3E8
Administrative Assistant: Mary Coates
Phone: 416-480-6100 ext. 3863
Please call with administrative inquiries only
- B.Sc. (with distinction), psychology, 1990, University of Alberta, Canada
- MD, 1994, University of Alberta, Canada
- Fellowship, 1998–1999, critical care medicine, Stanford University, U.S.
- FRCP(C), 1999, internal medicine, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- FRCP(C), 2002, special competence in nephrology, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship, 2003, nephrology, Stanford University, U.S.
- M.Sc., 2003, clinical epidemiology, Stanford University, U.S.
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Associate scientist, Biological Sciences, Women & Babies Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Associate professor, department of medicine, division of nephrology, University of Toronto
- Division director, nephrology and obstetrical medicine, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Medical lead, glomerulonephritis and speciality clinics, Ontario Renal Network
- Glomerular physiology
- Glomerular-based kidney disease
- Kidney disease in pregnancy
Dr. Hladunewich is interested in glomerular-based disease, and is conducting several clinical trials in the field. She is also interested in the renal physiology of normal and abnormal pregnancy. Her primary research focus has been the long-term sequelae of preeclampsia including differences in the renin angiotensin system and endothelial function. She has developed specialty clinics in kidney disease, pregnancy and a glomerular-based disease to align with her research interests.
Related News and Stories: