|Scientist profiles M-R|
Sunnybrook Research Institute
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave., Room E2 40
Administrative Assistant: Peggy Kee
Phone: 416-480-6100, ext. 3505
- M.Sc., 1994, Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Canada
- PhD, 1997, Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Canada
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Associate scientist, evaluative clinical sciences - Trauma, Emergency and Critical Care Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Executive director, pharmacoeconomic research, HOPE Research Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Assistant professor, department of pharmacology, University of Toronto
- Co-director, Clinical Research Associate Network (CRAN)
- Co-chair, Working Group in Economic Assessment (WGEA), National Cancer Institute of Canada
- Scientific steering committee member, Ontario HIV Treatment Network
- Member, research ethics board, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Member, pharmacy and therapeutics committee, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Health economic and outcomes research
Dr. Mittmann has conducted and collaborated on research projects in the areas of meta-analysis, economic evaluations, outcomes research and utility assessments. Her research methodologies include the examination of large databases, economic methodologies and decision analysis. Her clinical areas of interest include oncology, cardiology, trauma, infectious disease and health policy.
Dr. Mittmann has received funding as either a principal investigator or as a co-investigator from Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), Canadian Partnership Against Cancer, National Cancer Institute of Canada (NCIC), Neurotrauma Foundation, Heart and Stroke Foundation, Canadian Dermatology Foundation, Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN), Canadian Stroke Network and the Physician Services Incorporated Foundation.
Through the Clinical Trials Group of the NCIC (NCIC CTG) and the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH), Dr. Mittmann is the co-principal investigator for the adaptation of economic guidelines for oncology products. This project will provide national guidelines for the conduct of economic analysis for oncology products. This work will be used by decision makers across Canada for the economic evaluation of oncology medications.
Dr. Mittmann has also co-supervised two masters-level graduate students and has undergraduate teaching responsibilities at the University of Toronto.
- Mittmann N, Trudeau M, Alloul K, Koo M, Verma S. Cost effectiveness of TAC versus FAC in the Adjuvant Node Positive Breast Cancer. Current Oncology. In press Feb 2010.
- Lathia N, Mittmann N, DeAngelis C, Knowles S, Cheung M, Piliotis E et al. Evaluation of Direct Medical Costs of Hospitalization for Febrile Neutropenia. Cancer. In press 2010.
- Chan B, Hales B, Shear NH, Ho V, Lynde C, Poulin Y et al. Work Related Lost Productivity and its Economic Impact in Canadian Patients with Moderate to Severe Psoriasis. Journal of Cutaneous Medicine & Surgery 2009;13(4):192-7.
- Bessette L, Risebrough N, Mittmann N, Roussy JP, Ho J, Zlateva G. The Cost of Utility of Celecoxib Use in Different Treatment Strategies for Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis from the Quebec Healthcare System Perspective. Journal of Medical Economics 2009;12(3):246-58.
- Mittmann N, Au HJ, Tu D, O’Callghan CJ, Isogai PK, Karapetis CS et al. Prospective Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Cetuximab in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: Evaluation of National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group CO.17 Trial. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2009;101(17):1182-92.
Related News and Stories:
- Study To Examine Economics of Patient Safety: Drs. Etchells and Mittmann lead research on cost of adverse events, supported by Canadian Patient Safety Institute (June 7, 2010)
- Sunnybrook Launches ROAM Study: Research will open Canada-wide window into management of anticoagulant warfarin (January 15, 2009)