Scientist profiles S-Z
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave., Room T2 023
- B.Sc., 1972, University of Toronto, Canada
- MA, 1973, math, York University, Canada
- MD, 1981, U of T, Canada
- FRCPC, 1986, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Canada
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Affiliate scientist, Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Odette Cancer Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Member, division of medical oncology and hematology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Professor, department of medicine, faculty of medicine, U of T
- Associate member, Institute of Medical Science, U of T
- Co-chair, breast cancer site group, program in evidence-based care, Cancer Care Ontario
- Breast cancer
- Prognostic and predictive tests
- New drugs
- Drug funding
- Clinical trials
Dr. Trudeau's research interests cover the spectrum of breast cancer from prevention to treatment to palliative care. To date, her research has centred on the following:
- clinical trials in prevention, and adjuvant and metastatic disease, including investigational new drugs
- guidelines for the treatment of breast cancer and systemic therapy
- real-world evidence in breast cancer treatment.
Her research findings have been published in many journals, including The New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of Clinical Oncology and Breast Cancer Research and Treatment.
In addition, Dr. Trudeau participates in clinical trials through the National Cancer Institute of Canada-Clinical Trials Group (NCIC-CTG), the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project and in studies supported by grants from industry. She has also chaired several studies in breast cancer through NCIC-CTG.
The use of new cancer drugs, as well as drug funding, remain strong areas of research interest for Dr. Trudeau.
As co-chair of the breast disease site group for the program in evidence-based care at Cancer Care Ontario, she has authored many guidelines on the treatment of breast cancer; these have influenced drug funding decisions provincially and nationally.