Scientist profiles A-F
Sunnybrook Research Institute
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Odette Cancer Centre, Department of Radiation Oncology
2075 Bayview Ave.
Administrative Assistant: Toby Rodin
- B.Sc., 1991, University of Toronto, Canada
- MD, 1995, University of Ottawa, Canada
- MPA, 2002, Queen’s University, Canada
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Scientist, Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Odette Cancer Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Associate professor, department of radiation oncology and Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto
- Radiation oncologist, Odette Cancer Centre
- Adjunct scientist, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences
- Cancer health services research
Dr. Barbera's main area of interest is health services research in cancer. While her primary expertise is in using large administrative health datasets to study health care service use, she has a secondary interest in patient reported outcomes. Her active projects include patterns of care for vulvar carcinoma, quality of end-of-life/palliative care in four Canadian provinces, provincial perspective on patient-reported outcomes (ESAS) and development of tools to assess sexual function after treatment of gynecologic cancers.