We participate in public- and private-sector partnerships as a way of bringing our research to market for the benefit of patients.
In 2015, the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario) invested $20 million in SRI to help develop and commercialize technologies in image-guided therapeutics. The funding is matched by a $21-million investment from 28 industry partners. This builds on a 2012 $14-million investment from FedDev Ontario and SRI’s private-sector partners.
Read more on this partnership between the public and private sectors:
- Bringing scientific ideas to market: New investment from FedDev Ontario to accelerate commercialization of innovative technologies
- In celebration of solutions: Partnership with federal government is speeding innovation through the commercialization pipeline
- Federal government supports Sunnybrook
We have established partnerships with more than 90 companies including:
- FUS Instruments
- GE Healthcare
- Harmonic Medical Inc.
- Panacea Global Inc.
- Pathcore Inc.
- Sanofi-Aventis Canada Inc.
- Toshiba Medical Systems Corp.