Within the Ontario Consortium for Cardiac Imaging (OCCI), we envision the establishment of a world-leading centre in cardiac imaging information for use in patient management. Given the following, the potential impact of this consortium is far-reaching:
- the vast and growing sector of the health care economy dedicated to cardiac disease;
- the recognized need for better information among practitioners and policy makers;
- current moves by the medical imaging industry to be in a position to address this need;
- recent technological advances that facilitate the broader use of cardiac imaging information; and
- the exceptional foundation of expertise in cardiac imaging and information management across the province.