Scientist profiles A-F
Sunnybrook Research Institute
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave., Room M3 15b
Administrative Assistant: Tasneem Dalal
- BA, 1988, History, University of Manitoba, Canada
- B.Sc., 1990, Biochemistry, University of Manitoba, Canada
- MD, 1994, University of Manitoba, Canada
- FRCP, 1997, Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Canada
- FRCPC, 2000, Cardiology, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Fellowship, 2001, Interventional Cardiology, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Fellowship, 2003, Interventional MRI, National Institutes of Health, USA
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Affiliate scientist, physical sciences - Schulich Heart Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Cardiologist, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Cross-appointed member of the department of medical imaging, University of Toronto
- Cardiovascular MRI for disease assessment/intervention guidance
- Regenerative medicine in cardiovascular disease
Dr. Dick's research interests are in cardiovascular imaging and regenerative medicine, including the following:
- cardiovascular MRI for the diagnosis of ischemic heart disease;
- the image guidance of new interventional treatment procedures;
- the delivery of stem cell therapies for myocardial regeneration following myocardial infarction; and
- the in vivo quantification and measurement of efficacy of stem cell therapies.
- Dick AJ, Guttman MA, Raman VK, Peters DC, Hill JM, Smith S, Scott G, McVeigh ER, Lederman RJ, Magnetic Resonance Fluoroscopy Enables Targeted Delivery of Mesenchymal Stem Cells to Infarct Borders in Swine, Circulation. 2003 Dec 9;108(23):2899-904.
- Dick AJ, Raman VK, Raval AN, Guttman MA, Thompson RB, Ozturk C, Peters DC, Stine AM, Wright VJ, Schenke WH, Lederman RJ, Invasive human magnetic resonance imaging: feasibility during revascularization in a combined XMR suite, CCI, 2004.
- AJ Dick, VK Raman, MA Guttman, DC Peters, ER McVeigh, RJ Lederman, MRI-Guided Drug and Cell Injection Therapies for Heart Disease, in Lardo, Fayad, Fuster, & Chronos (eds.), Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance: Established and Emerging Applications 1/e, London: Martin Dunitz, 2003.
Related News and Stories:
- Spring Up: Eleven SRI researchers are recognized by a quartet of funding bodies (June 3, 2008)
- Heart Felt: Sunnybrook’s second annual Schulich Heart Program Research Day beats all (December 7, 2007)