Scientist profiles G-L
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave., Room H4 79
Administrative Assistant: Ning Ning Ong
- MD, 1987, faculty of medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
- FRCPC, 1992, internal medicine, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- FRCPC, 1993, geriatric medicine, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- FRCPC, 1995, clinical pharmacology, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Affiliate scientist, Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Hurvitz Brain Sciences Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Executive director, Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Associate professor, division of geriatric medicine, department of medicine, faculty of medicine, U of T
- Cross appointment, division of clinical pharmacology, department of medicine, faculty of medicine, U of T
- Consultant, geriatric medicine, Sunnybrook
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, U.K.
- Health services evaluation
- Falls prevention
Dr. Liu's research focuses on evaluation of interprofessional geriatric health services, appropriate medication use and falls prevention.
- Wong KS, Ryan DP, Liu, BA. A system-wide analysis using a senior friendly hospital framework identifies current practices and opportunities for improvement in the care of hospitalized older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014 Nov;62(11):2163–70.
- Liu B, Almaawiy U, Moore JE, Chan WH, Straus SE; MOVE ON Team. Evaluation of a multisite educational intervention to improve mobilization of older patients in hospital: protocol for mobilization of vulnerable elders in Ontario (MOVE ON). Implement Sci. 2013 Jul 3;8:76–83.
- Liu BA, Jackson LD. Drug prescribing in the older patient [Internet]. Philadelphia (PA): Physicians’ Information and Education Resource (U.S.); c2006. Available from: http://pier.acponline.org/physicians/diseases/d169.
- Liu BA, Juurlink DN. Drugs and the QT interval - caveat doctor. N Engl J Med. 2004 Sep;351(11):1053–6.
- Liu B, Anderson G, Mittmann N, To T, Axcell T, Shear N. Use of selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors or tricyclic antidepressants and risk of hip fractures in elderly people. Lancet. 1998 May;351(9112):1303–7.