Scientist profiles G-L
Sunnybrook Research Institute
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave., Room E4 32
Administrative Assistant: Lesley Nicholson
- MBBCh, 1978, Medicine, Ain Shams University, Egypt
- MSc, 1982, Pathology, Ain Shams University, Egypt
- PhD, 1986, Pathology, Ain Shams University, Egypt
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Affiliate scientist, biological sciences, Odette Cancer Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Joint Chief, department of anatomic pathology, Sunnybrook
- Staff pathologist, department of pathology, Sunnybrook
- Leader, gynaecologic pathology team, department of anatomic pathology, Sunnybrook
- Professor, department of laboratory medicine and pathobiology, University of Toronto
- Professor, department of obstetrics and gynaecology, University of Toronto
- Gynaecologic malignancies
- Patient safety
Dr. Khalifa's translational research and knowledge dissemination activities focus on the area of gynaecologic oncology. It aims at establishing the diagnostic and prognostic utility of several immunohistochemically detectable molecules in gynaecologic malignancies. This will help explore more targeted therapies directed against specific intracellular signal transduction pathways involved in proliferation, invasiveness and metastatic spread of gynaecologic cancer.
- Nofech-Mozes S, Ismiil N, Dubé V, Saad RS, Khalifa MA, Mashkin O, Ghorab Z. Immunohistochemical characterization of Primary and Recurrent Adult Granulosa Cell Tumors. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2012; 31:80–90.
- Nofech-Mozes S, Ismiil N, Dubé V, Saad R, Ghorab Z, Grin A, Ackerman I, Khalifa MA. Interobserver agreement for endometrial cancer characteristics evaluated on biopsy material. Obstet Gynecol Int. doi:10.1155/2012/414086.
- Saad RS, Mashhour M, Nofech-Mozes S, Ismiil N, Dubé V, Ghorab Z, Faragalla H, Khalifa MA. P16INK4a expression in undifferentiated carcinoma of the uterus does not exclude its endometrial origin. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2012; 31:57–65.
- Nofech-Mozes S, Jorden T, Hanna WM, Khalifa MA. Synoptic reporting on breast cancer biomarkers: A novel quality improvement module. Can J Pathol. 2011; 3:11–15.
- Nofech-Mozes S, Khalifa M, Ismiil N, Dubé V, Saad RS, Sun P, Seth A, Ghorab Z. Detection of HPV-DNA by a PCR-based method in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue from rare endocervical carcinoma types. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2010; 18(1):80–85.
- Gortzak L, Jimenez W, Nofech-Mozes S, Ismiil N, Khalifa MA, Dubé V, Rosen B, Murphy J, Laframboise S, Covens A. Sentinel lymph node biopsy versus pelvic lymphadenectomy in early stage cervical cancer: is it time to change the gold standard? Gynecol Oncol. 2010; 116:28–32.