|Scientist profiles G-L|
Department of Anesthesia
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave.,
Administrative Assistant: Holly Mendoza
- MD, 1986, Anesthesia, University of Sherbrooke, Canada
- FRCPC, 1990, Anesthesia, University of Sherbrooke, Canada
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Affiliate scientist, evaluative clinical sciences - Schulich Heart Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Associate professor, anesthesiology, University of Toronto
- Director, cardiovascular anesthesiology/TEE, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Staff, anesthesiology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Physician lead, Safer Health Care Now! Surgical Site Infection intervention, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Infection control
- Patient safety
- Blood conservation
- Transesophageal echocardiography
Dr. LaFlamme's research aims to determine if electronic learning (e-Learning) initiatives are more effective than traditional didactic learning (d-Learning) methods for the following:
- physician acquisition of new knowledge regarding best practice guidelines for patient safety; and
- improving clinical performance and patient management.
- Karkouti K, Wijeysundera DN, Yau TM, Callum JL, Cheng DC, Crowther M, Dupuis JY, Fremes SE, Kent B, Laflamme C, Lamy A, Legare JF, Mazer CD, McCluskey SA, Rubens FD, Sawchuk C, Beattie WS. Acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery: focus on modifiable risk factors. Circulation. 2009 Feb 3;119(4):495-502. Epub 2009 Jan 19.
- Wong SS, Shenderey A, Laflamme C. Transesophageal echocardiography images of anomalous circumflex coronary artery. Can J Anaesth. 2006 Jan;53(1):96.
- Boulanger A, Perreault S, Choinière M, Priéto I, Lavoie C, Laflamme C. Intrathecal morphine after cardiac surgery. Ann Pharmacother. 2002 Sep;36(9):1337-43.
- Soulez G, Gagner M, Therasse E, Basile F, Prieto I, Pibarot P, Laflamme C, Lamarre L, Shennib H. Catheter-assisted totally thoracoscopic coronary artery bypass grafting: a feasibility study. Ann Thorac Surg. 1997 Oct;64(4):1036-40.
- Jain U, Laflamme CJ, Aggarwal A, Ramsay JG, Comunale ME, Ghoshal S, Ngo L, Ziola K, Hollenberg M, Mangano DT. Electrocardiographic and hemodynamic changes and their association with myocardial infarction during coronary artery bypass surgery. A multicenter study. Multicenter Study of Perioperative Ischemia (McSPI) Research Group. Anesthesiology. 1997 Mar;86(3):576-91.