Scientist profiles G-L
Department of Anesthesia
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave., Room M3 200
Administrative Assistant: Holly Mae Gabriel
- MD, 1986, Anesthesia, University of Sherbrooke, Canada
- FRCPC, 1990, Anesthesia, University of Sherbrooke, Canada
- Fellowship, 1993, cardiac anesthesia, University of California, San Francisco, USA
- M.H.Sc., 2011, health administration, Institute of Health Policy Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, Canada
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Affiliate scientist, Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Schulich Heart Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Associate professor, anesthesiology, University of Toronto
- Director, cardiovascular anesthesiology/TEE, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Staff, anesthesiology, Sunnybrook
- Physician lead, Safer Health Care Now! Surgical Site Infection intervention, Sunnybrook
- Chairman, patient safety committee, Canadian Anesthesiologist Society
- Infection control
- Patient safety
Dr. Laflamme is currently involved in various aspects of quality and patient safety research. One of his interests is to spread best practices aimed at improving surgical outcomes seen with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Karkouti K, Wijeysundera DN, Yau TM, Callum JL, Cheng DC, Crowther M, Dupuis JY, Fremes SE, Kent B, Laflamme C, Lamy A, Legare JF, Mazer CD, McCluskey SA, Rubens FD, Sawchuk C, Beattie WS. Acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery: focus on modifiable risk factors. Circulation. 2009 Feb 3;119(4):495-502. Epub 2009 Jan 19.
- Wong SS, Shenderey A, Laflamme C. Transesophageal echocardiography images of anomalous circumflex coronary artery. Can J Anaesth. 2006 Jan;53(1):96.
- Boulanger A, Perreault S, Choinière M, Priéto I, Lavoie C, Laflamme C. Intrathecal morphine after cardiac surgery. Ann Pharmacother. 2002 Sep;36(9):1337-43.
- Soulez G, Gagner M, Therasse E, Basile F, Prieto I, Pibarot P, Laflamme C, Lamarre L, Shennib H. Catheter-assisted totally thoracoscopic coronary artery bypass grafting: a feasibility study. Ann Thorac Surg. 1997 Oct;64(4):1036-40.
- Jain U, Laflamme CJ, Aggarwal A, Ramsay JG, Comunale ME, Ghoshal S, Ngo L, Ziola K, Hollenberg M, Mangano DT. Electrocardiographic and hemodynamic changes and their association with myocardial infarction during coronary artery bypass surgery. A multicenter study. Multicenter Study of Perioperative Ischemia (McSPI) Research Group. Anesthesiology. 1997 Mar;86(3):576-91.