Meet our newest team member: myHip&Knee
This free app can help you get ready for your hip or knee replacement surgery and keep you on track during your recovery.
- Send you reminders as you prepare for surgery
- Track your recovery after surgery
- Give personalized feedback on how you are doing after surgery
- Provide links to helpful information
The app has:
- Exercise videos
- Daily health check
- Information about what to expect
- Helpful pictures
Get our recovery tool today!
To download and use myHip&Knee, you will need:
- An Apple or Android device
- Your App Store username and password
- A surgery date. The app will calculate when to start reminding you to prepare for your surgery based on the date you enter as your surgery date
Download myHip&Knee for free on your iPhone, iPad or Android device
- Search for "myHip&Knee" in the App Store or on Google Play
- Click "Get" or "Install"
- Once it is installed, open the myHip&Knee app. A pop-up message will appear "myHip&Knee Would Like to Send You Notifications”. Select "OK"
- Click “Create Account” and type in this code:
- hollandhip (for hip replacement surgery) –or–
- hollandknee (for knee replacement surgery)
- Press “Get Started”
- Enter a username and password of your choice
- Enter your surgeon's name and your surgery date. Press “create account” and you are all set!
If you require any technical help, contact email@example.com
Download myHip&Knee to Blackberry or Amazon devices
- If you have a Blackberry device, ensure you have the BB10 Operating System. The Amazon App Store usually comes installed already on newer Blackberry devices. If you don't have Amazon App Store, install it off of Blackberry World.
- Launch Amazon App Store from your device home page.
- Search for "myHip&Knee" in the Amazon App Store. The app should appear in your results. Install the "myHip&Knee" app for free onto your Blackberry or Amazon device!
- If you require any technical help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Will I have to put my email into the app? Are you going to share it or sell it?
Why do I need to put my surgery date into the app?
My surgery got cancelled and rescheduled. How do I re-start my app?
Will my surgeon see my questionnaire or survey results?
My friend had her knee replaced at another hospital. Could she use this app too?
I downloaded the app but I haven’t been getting daily reminders on my iPad. Why?
If I don’t get this app, will it harm my preparation or recovery?
Does this app work on Blackberry?
My wound looks really red. What should I do?
I want to stop using the app. How do I turn it off?
Do you have questions about the myHip&Knee app? Please call our hospital coordinators at 416-967-8551. We will try to return your call within 2 business days.