Information for new patients
At Sunnybrook’s Department of Psychiatry, we are dedicated to excellence, and we strive to deliver compassionate and respectful care to individuals and their families.
About your care:
- We are a part of your overall health care support.
- The clinics are structured to provide either one-time consultations or short-term follow up as determined by your Sunnybrook healthcare provider.
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is a teaching hospital so your care team may include student learners.
- We use MyChart™, a website where you can create a profile and manage your personal health information. We encourage you to be involved in your care and treatment decisions.
- Explore our department website and mental health blog to find resources that may be beneficial to you.
What you can do:
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. Bring all important information about your care to the first appointment with your doctor (for example, your health card, your medications, past reports, etc.)
- You are the expert of your own needs. Please come with a list of your priorities.
- Involving your family in your treatment and recovery can be helpful.