Holland Centre Road Restriction Notice - Jan. 14, 2017
Saturday, January 14, 2017 from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Holland Centre there will be temporary closures/restricted access to North/Front entrance throughout the day. (Alternate weather date is Sunday, January 15 from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Patient pick-up between 9 a.m and 12 noon, and after 5 p.m. only with access to Holland Centre North/Front entrance via Wellesley Street Westbound from Church Street only.
- Crane Lift activity/No vehicle or pedestrian access to North/Front entrance, from 12:15 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Visitor access via South Entrance at the back of the Centre with Security there to assist.
- No parking (includes short-term) at front driveway or lanes around the Centre.
This temporary closure is part of construction improvements to systems for the redevelopment of our operating rooms and infrastructure, and will allow for the safe installation of a new generator, using a large crane lift.
- For patients leaving the hospital that day, our health care team will make arrangements to ensure discharge is planned between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. Teams and security will help patients and their families/friends and direct them to the Vehicle Access Route to get to the North/Front entrance – available between 9 a.m. and 12 noon, and after 5 p.m. (if needed).
Vehicle Access Route (for pick-up/drop-off only) to the North/Front entrance: (maps at Security desk)
Enter: only via westbound on Wellesley Street (from Church Street) to lane East of the Centre/across from the Paul Kane Parkette, around to the South and West of the Centre, around to the Front/North entrance.
Exit: vehicles will be directed back around the loop, but exit via the South laneway, Eastbound through to Church Street. There will be no entry from the front entrance driveway back on to Wellesley Street due to nearby construction vehicles.
- If you are visiting between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., there will be delays due to temporary closures.
- There will be no vehicle access eastbound along Wellesley Street between Yonge and Church Streets. There will be access for local traffic only (vehicles for patient pick-up) westbound along Wellesley only (from Church Street), to access the lane east of the Holland Centre, to the south/back of the building.
- Recommended Visitor parking: West of Yonge, East of Church, or South or North of Wellesley.
- TTC: The 94 Wellesley bus will be on a detour route. Wellesley subway station remains open.
Thank you in advance for your support.