Alan Moody - view scientist profile
As a practicing radiologist and clinician, Dr. Moody’s research aim is to apply evolving research techniques, particularly in the field of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), to the investigation of disease process. Over the last five years, he has developed, with his research team, techniques that provide quantitative and qualitative data from MR images that allow the cross sectional and longitudinal study of disease.
His interest in MRI is fostered by the belief that it is an ideal and useful imaging technique that has the capability of extracting diverse characteristics from tissue or organs while causing no harm.
Conducting research in various clinical environments allows insight into the strengths and weaknesses of the research process. Drawing upon his experience as a clinician and researcher, he envisions the lab’s research activities will contribute in bridging the gap between basic and clinical research, allowing rapid translation into improved health care and prevention of disease.
Core team members
- Mariam Afshin, Postdoctoral fellow
- Tina Binesh Marvasti, M.Sc. candidate
- Kirsteen Burton, PhD candidate
- Helen Cheung, M.Sc. candidate
- Stephanie Chiu, PhD candidate
- April Khademi, Assistant professor
- Tishan Maraj, M.Sc. candidate
- Cristina Nasui, M.Sc. candidate
- Omodele Olowoyeye, PhD candidate
- Navneet Singh, PhD candidate
- Pascal Tyrrell, Educational programs
- Thayalasuthan Vivek, Manager