Scientist profiles G-L
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave., Room AG 57
- MD, 1986, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Internship, 1987, medicine, Wellesley Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
- B.Math., 1990, computer science, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Residency, 1994, radiology, U of T, Canada
- Fellowship, 1995, abdominal imaging, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, U.S.
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Senior scientist, Physical Sciences, Odette Cancer Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Clinician scientist, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
- Associate member, Institute of Medical Science, U of T
- Professor, department of medical imaging, U of T
- Chief, department of medical imaging, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Dr. Haider's major research activities focus on abdominal and pelvic magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), with a special interest in therapeutic response assessment and functional imaging of cancer using MRI and computed tomography. He has a particular interest in prostate cancer imaging, as well as in pancreatic, renal and liver cancers.
Dr. Haider has held peer-reviewed grants from Prostate Cancer Canada, the Canadian Cancer Society Research Institute, Cancer Care Ontario and the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) for MRI-related prostate cancer research. He holds a protected research time grant from the the OICR and U of T.
He is also an active participant in functional tumour imaging research projects in radiation oncology and therapeutic response assessment trials in medical, radiation and surgical oncology for renal cell carcinoma, and metastatic disease to liver and prostate cancer.
- Langer DL, van der Kwast TH, Evans AJ, Plotkin A, Trachtenberg J, Wilson BC, Haider MA. Prostate tissue composition and MR measurements: investigating the relationships between ADC, T2, K(trans), v(e), and corresponding histologic features. Radiology 2010 May;255(2):485–94.
- Langer DL, van der Kwast TH, Evans AJ, Trachtenberg J, Wilson BC, Haider MA (SRA). Prostate cancer detection with multi-parametric MRI: logistic regression analysis of quantitative T2, diffusion-weighted imaging, and dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI. J Magn Reson Imaging 2009 Aug; 30(2):327–34.
- Haider MA, Chung P, Sweet J, Toi A, Jhaveri K, Menard C, Warde P, Trachtenberg J, Lockwood G, Milosevic M. Dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging for localization of recurrent prostate cancer after external beam radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008 Feb; 70(2):425–30.
- Haider MA, van der Kwast TH, Tanguay J, Evans AJ, Hashmi AT, Lockwood G, Trachtenberg J et al. Combined T2-weighted and diffusion-weighted MRI for localization of prostate cancer. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2007 Aug;189(2):323–8.
- Haider MA (PA), Davidson SR, Kale AV, Weersink RA, Evans AJ, Toi A, Gertner MR, Bogaards A, Wilson BC, Chin JL, Elhilali M, Trachtenberg J. Prostate gland: MR imaging appearance after vascular targeted photodynamic therapy with palladium-bacteriopheophorbide. Radiology. 2007 Jul;244(1):196–204.