|Scientist profiles G-L|
Sunnybrook Research Institute
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
2075 Bayview Ave., Room AG 263
- MD, 1986, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Internship, 1987, medicine, Wellesley Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
- B.Math., 1990, computer science, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Residency, 1994, radiology, University of Toronto, Canada
- Fellowship, 1995, abdominal imaging, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, U.S.
Appointments and Affiliations:
- Senior scientist, physical sciences, Odette Cancer Research Program, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Chief, department of medical imaging, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Clinician scientist, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
- Associate member, Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto
- Professor, department of medical imaging, University of Toronto
- Staff radiologist, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Dr. Haider's major research activities focus on abdominal and pelvic magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), with a special interest in therapeutic response assessment and function imaging of cancer using MRI and computed tomography. He has a special interest in prostate cancer imaging, as well as pancreatic, renal and liver cancers.
Dr. Haider has held peer-reviewed grants from Prostate Cancer Canada, The Canadian-Cancer Society Research Institute, Cancer Care Ontario and the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) for MRI-related prostate cancer research. He holds a 60%-protected research time grant from the the OICR and the University of Toronto.
He is also an active participant in functional tumour imaging research projects in radiation oncology and therapeutic response assessment trials in medical, radiation and surgical oncology for renal cell carcinoma, and metastatic disease to liver and prostate cancer.
- Haider MA, Chung P, Sweet J, Toi A, Jhaveri K, Menard C, Warde P, Trachtenberg J, Lockwood G, Milosevic M. Dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging for localization of recurrent prostate cancer after external beam radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008 Feb; 70:425–430.
- Haider MA, van der Kwast TH, Tanguay J, Evans AJ, Hashmi AT, Lockwood G, Trachtenberg J et al. Combined T2-weighted and diffusion-weighted MRI for localization of prostate cancer. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2007 Aug; 189:323–328.
- Haider MA (PA), Davidson SR, Kale AV, Weersink RA, Evans AJ, Toi A, Gertner MR, Bogaards A, Wilson BC, Chin JL, Elhilali M, Trachtenberg J. Prostate gland: MR imaging appearance after vascular targeted photodynamic therapy with palladium-bacteriopheophorbide. Radiology. 2007 Jul; 244:196–204.
- Haider MA (PA), Sitartchouk I, Roberts TP, Fyles A, Hashmi AT, Milosevic M. Correlations between dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging-derived measures of tumor microvasculature and interstitial fluid pressure in patients with cervical cancer. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2007 Jan; 25(1):153–159.
- Haider MA (PA), Milosevic M, Fyles A, et al. Assessment of the tumor microenvironment in cervix cancer using dynamic contrast enhanced CT, interstitial fluid pressure and oxygen measurements. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005 Jul; 62:1100–1107.