Ambulatory Patient Pharmacy
Location: Bayview campus, M-wing, room M1101, main lobby
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. / Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. / Closed Sundays and holiday
We fill prescriptions for patients, staff members, visitors or members of the community. Some of the medications we carry are not readily available at community pharmacies.
We accept most major drug plans. Please provide any drug plan information to the receptionist when you hand in your prescription. Insurance or drug benefit Information can also be obtained from your community pharmacy if necessary.
We also offer:
- Private patient counselling
- Medication information sheets
- Medication delivery
- Compounding of specialized products not commercially available
- Many other services.
Please show the pharmacist any medication charts, lists or other relevant information provided to you about your medication while you were in hospital.
Odette Cancer Centre Pharmacy
Location: Bayview campus, T-wing, first floor of the Odette Cancer Centre
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Our staff is made up of pharmacists and technicians dedicated to the care of the cancer patient.
Specializing in one area allows us to provide complete services to patients coming through the doors of the cancer centre, including:
- Chemotherapy preparation and take home prescription dispensing
- Individualized patient counseling focusing on cancer treatment and control of symptoms
- Provision of specialized products and counseling for the relief of treatment
- Side effects such as mouth sores, constipation, pain, nausea and vomiting
- Ensuring availability of expensive or hard to find prescription drugs
- Collaboration with oncologists regarding treatment decisions, clinical trials, supportive care issues, etc.
- Coordination of numerous special access and compassionate drug programs, where available
The pharmacy is able to fill prescriptions written by physicians from Sunnybrook and the Odette Cancer Centre. Since we are part of your treatment team, we are aware of many of the issues that you may be facing. For these reasons, we strongly recommend that you get your cancer-related prescriptions filled at the OCC pharmacy.