Ambulatory Patient Pharmacy
Location: Bayview campus, M-wing, room M1101, main lobby
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. / Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. / Closed Sundays and holiday
We also offer:
- Private patient counselling
- Medication information sheets
- Medication delivery
- Compounding of specialized products not commercially available
- Many other services.
Please show the pharmacist any medication charts, lists or other relevant information provided to you about your medication while you were in hospital.
2016 Flu Shot Clinics for Patients & Families - Sunnybrook's Ambulatory Patient Pharmacy will be hosting flu vaccination clinics for Ontario residents over the age of 5. The vaccination will be administered by a pharmacist. No appointment necessary. A valid Ontario Health (OHIP) Card is required. The clinics will be held on:
- Monday, October 24 to Friday, October 28 10am to 12pm & 1pm to 4pm
- Monday, October 31 10am to 12pm & 1pm to 4pm
- Tuesday, November 1 10am to 12pm & 1pm to 4pm
Location: Bayview campus, T-wing, first floor of the Odette Cancer Centre
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Our staff is made up of pharmacists and technicians dedicated to the care of the cancer patient.
Specializing in one area allows us to provide complete services to patients coming through the doors of the cancer centre, including:
- Chemotherapy preparation and take home prescription dispensing
- Individualized patient counseling focusing on cancer treatment and control of symptoms
- Provision of specialized products and counseling for the relief of treatment
- Side effects such as mouth sores, constipation, pain, nausea and vomiting
- Ensuring availability of expensive or hard to find prescription drugs
- Collaboration with oncologists regarding treatment decisions, clinical trials, supportive care issues, etc.
- Coordination of numerous special access and compassionate drug programs, where available
The pharmacy is able to fill prescriptions written by physicians from Sunnybrook and the Odette Cancer Centre. Since we are part of your treatment team, we are aware of many of the issues that you may be facing. For these reasons, we strongly recommend that you get your cancer-related prescriptions filled at the OCC pharmacy.
Also note: The gift shops at the Holland Centre and St. John's Rehab campuses, carry a variety of health care products.