Maternal and Newborn Unit
Our 33-bed maternal and newborn unit provides care to new families after the birth of their baby.
The period of time after the birth of your baby is important. It‘s a time of physical adjustment - both for the mother and baby - as well as an important period of social and emotional adjustment.
We provide family-centered maternity care, which responds to the physical and emotional needs of the woman and her family.
We recognize the significance of family support, participation and choice, and we believe that it's up to each woman to define her family and supports. We recognize that birth is unique to each woman and our support is respectful of diverse needs.
Location & Contact Details
Our unit is located on floors M4 and M5 at our 2075 Bayview Avenue Campus
If you are experiencing any illness, please do not visit the unit
We encourage all patients to rest from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Partners are encouraged to be with Mom and Baby at any time
- One support person may be present in partner's absence
- News moms and partners will receive wristbands as security identification
- Visiting hours are between 3:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., with a limit of two people at a time in addition to the partner and/or support person
- Sibling visits are encouraged during visiting hours whenever possible with partner or adult supervision